Saturday, November 6, 2010

Are You in Exile??


Just like the people in Jeremiah’s time, we are exiled, but in a different sense. The word exile means  "Enforced removal from one's native country. Or Self-imposed absence from one's country." In our case, we have self-imposed exile on ourselves from God’s “country”. God’s “country” is located inside us all, it is our heart.  We become distracted and lured away  by Satan temptations and we begin to become absent from the “country” in our hearts.  We begin to fall away from God’s word and begin to live in a manner that is not pleasing to God.  Maybe things go wrong, bad things happen, and we begin to blame God.  We start to think maybe God has forgotten us because we are going through trials, pain and suffering that seem to be never ending.  We are exiled from our father, by our own choice, through our own actions. Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us that we are not forgotten, and even in the face of suffering, we have a hope.  God has a  plan for me, he knows this plan, I do not.  I have faced suffering in my life, I have faced pain in my life, but through it all, even when I thought God wasn’t there….he was.  He has always had a plan for me.  While I may have had to suffer, God knew what he was doing, he has turned that suffering into beauty.  He has given me hope in times that I have suffered the most.  He has given me a bright future, all I have to do is take hold of his hands and let him guide me. God has, and is still, preparing me, just like the people of Judah, for a new beginning.  A new beginning in which he is the center of my world, and this is a beautiful thing!! 

Beautiful Lord in Heaven, I do not know the plan you have for me, but I know you do.  You have walked with me daily, even when I was not actively your child, you walk with me now while I face MS and many other trials in this life.  You are always there, you never left, but I did.  Lord I thank you for finding me, for bringing me back to your country, your place that you have kept inside me.  Thank you Lord for your saving grace and unconditional love. It's good to be home. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment