Thursday, October 7, 2010

Be Confident

“Be confident, my heart, because the LORD has been good to me” (Ps 116:7)  Oh how this scripture speaks to me!  Even with a diagnosis of MS, my Lord has been so good to me!!  The funny thing is, before this diagnosis, I could have told you many ways that I felt life was not going well, but hard pressed to tell you the good things God had done for me.  I was too busy, too much to do, to many things to worry about, so thinking about the good things just wasn't a high priority.  My how things can change when the Lord tells you to slow down! My diagnosis has given me permission to slow down, to take in my life and the many blessings God gives me. I don't need to speed around all day long, after all, I really can't! The MS won't allow for that, but it will allow for breaks in my day.  These breaks give me time to reflect on my life and my walk with the Lord.  It allows me to see the many good things God has done in my life, and continues to do.  I am amazed at the beauty of this scripture, mainly because I had never slowed down long enough to see the beauty!  My heart is confident in the many ways the Lord has been good to me, and the blessing of MS was just the start!!


Lord in Heaven, I thank you for the blessing of MS.  You gave me a chance to slow down, to realize the wonderful ways you have been good to me.  Lord I am confident that my journey with you will always be good, even in times of hardship, I will worship you and see the good.  I will walk with you daily and am confident that you will carry me when need be!  Oh the blessing of your salvation Lord warms my heart and my soul.  Thank you Lord, for the continued good in my life. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment