Monday, October 4, 2010

Beautiful Circumstances

A friend shared this with me today: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. - 1 Tessalonians 5:16-18.  Some circumstance may be harder to be thankful for than others, but we must remember to be thankful in ALL circumstances.  The Bible doesn't say to be thankful for certain circumstances, or to be thankful for the good circumstances.  It doesn't say to complain about the bad circumstances and just rejoice in the good.  I tells us to be thankful in all circumstances. For those of us diagnosed with a incurable disease, such as MS, it can be hard to gives thanks for something like that! Some people ask me how I can be so upbeat when I have a disease that will never disappear and constantly makes life difficult.  I am upbeat because I give thanks in all circumstances and I know that there is good in this disease.  I also know that one day, it will go away, and I will be healed and happy in the arms of my Lord! The bible tells me The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. Psalm 91:14.  I will be rescued and I am always protected! So yes, I rejoice in the circumstance of MS.  I thank my Lord for this disease, because it has brought me closer to him, and that makes it all worthwhile to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment