Monday, October 11, 2010

It Isn't Always Easy

Most people think that I spend everyday feeling blessed and happy, however, I have my days.  Having MS and seeing the blessings is not always easy, but every time I have problems with finding the blessing, the Lord always seems to make sure I find it, even if it is during a bad day!  Yesterday was a trying day for me.  I am in another exacerbation and have not been feeling well.  My family had a planned trip to the airshow, which meant I had to go in my wheelchair.  I have been to the store a few times in the wheelchair, but not to a place where there will be thousands of people.  I was feeling very vulnerable and afraid and let's just say I had the meltdown of all meltdowns and ended up in my bathroom with gigantic crocodile tears streaming down my face.    Psalm 62:1 "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him".  I don't need the approval of anyone around me but the Lord.  I realized it did not matter what anyone at that show thought of me, what mattered was that I put my pain in the Lord's hands and went to the airshow with my family.  I realized that I do not need to worry about anything but my relationship with God and all other things will fall into place.  I had a great time, my family had a great time, and no one stared at me or made remarks, after all, I wasn't the only person there in a wheelchair!
I have found that we, as humans, tend to over think things and over dramatize things. It is better to let the Lord take your worries, your pain, your suffering and spend your time enjoying the beautiful life the Lord has given you.  I have decided to worry more about my walk with the Lord and less time worrying about this disease and what other people may think of me, life is much better that way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment