Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Gift That Keeps on Giving!

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [God with us].

How beautiful these words are.  Today, as I celebrated Christmas with my beautiful family and friends I realized how blessed I truly am.  Today, I was blessed to be surrounded by people who love me, who adore me, who accept me for who I am.  They are my support and my life and I love them.  As I sat and thought of this I also thought about the blessing that happened on this day, the day Jesus was born.  He was the first to love me no matter what I did.  He was the first to support me, adore me, accept me and walk with me everyday, and he continues to do so. He surrounds me, in my wonderful days and during my dark hours.  He is my support and I love him just as he loves me.  What made this thought even more beautiful is the fact that he knew of me, he loved me, before I even set foot on this earth.  He loved me so much that he gave his life for me.  Now that, my friends, is a Christmas present that keeps on giving!  So today was my day to reflect and realize the biggest blessing of all, my salvation provided by Jesus himself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment