Thursday, February 3, 2011

"I Will Give You Rest"

When Moses was told to take the people to the Promised Land he felt afraid and unsure.  He asked the Lord God to show him God's ways so that he could know God more fully, he wanted to be close to God.  God replied with “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” (Exodus 33:14).  I can imagine Moses sitting there wondering what the future would bring, how would he get all of these people to the Promised Land, and telling God “If you don’t personally go with us, don’t make us leave this place." (Exodus 33:15). The interaction between Moses and God in these scriptures is one of desire, a desire to know one another, it is an intimate relationship and this is the type of relationship I desire with my Heavenly Father. I can imagine how Moses felt, because I feel that way a lot!  I am unsure of this disease and what my future holds.  Will it progress slowly or quickly? Will I lose my ability to walk, to see, or to write? What if I lose my mind? My future is really unsure, but just like Moses, I have asked the Lord to go with me on my journey.  Just like Moses, if God doesn't personally go with me, I don't want to go there at all.  The beauty of this is that I never have to go anywhere without God.  He loves me and wants to know me personally, and I, in return, want the same.  No matter what course my disease takes, I will not be alone.  He will walk with me, he will cover me with his grace and he will give me rest. I'm not just talking about physical rest, he will give me peace and peace of mind is the best rest I could possibly be given!  God is compassionate and loving.  He provides me rest, especially on the worst days when he knows I need it most.  Thank you my Heavenly Father, for walking this long road with me and providing me the rest I need and the relationship I so greatly desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment