Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trusting His Word

During a study tonight the topic of trust was being discussed.  This made me think about myself and how much trust it has taken to let God use my circumstances for the better.  Having a disease like MS can be so frustrating, so depressing and at times can really make me angry.  It is during those times that I feel at my lowest that I truly have to put my trust in God and his will for my life.  I have to trust that even on my bad days, or my worst days, God has a plan.  Trusting can be so hard when you feel so down!  Tonight, however, the light bulb went off when my fellow sisters and I were discussing trust, trusting God.  Trust has many meanings, but the definition that struck me most was reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing.  I do rely on God, without him I am nothing, but tonight I realized just who I am truly relying on.  Notice the word "integrity" in this definition?  If there ever was a true definition of integrity, it would be God. God is perfect integrity. Every action he takes is in true form to his character.  Think about this for a minute: God is gracious and is full of compassion, he is forgiving, he is merciful, he is kind, and he is loving. He has never done anything to the contrary. If there ever was a place to put my trust, it is definitely in the one who OWNS integrity, who IS integrity! It was tonight that I realized, there is no one else that can compare to God and my trust has been placed in the right place.  My trust will stay in God because I know that during my lifetime of MS God will be gracious to me, he will show me compassion when I am frustrated or angry, he will forgive me of my harsh emotions and have mercy on me when I cry out in anger.  He will show me kindness and gentle guidance as he leads me through the darkest valleys and above all he will love me.  He will love me for who I am because I am his daughter... his lamb... his child.  So, yes, I do rely on the integrity of someone....I rely on the integrity of God and that is the perfect place to put my trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment