Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Refuge in the Storm

I have been very blessed recently to be back at my baseline, or close to it.  In other words, my MS has settled down for a bit.  It has been so nice to have energy and a clear mind.  For close to a year now I have been so out of sorts and I am looking back today wondering how I made it through. Of course, I did not have to wonder very long, the answer is as obvious as any answer could be.  I made it through because I sought refuge in the Lord.  I believed in the Lord and his truth.  I stayed in his truth and God is good, he protected me in my time of need, he took care of me because I turned to him. (Nahum 1:7)  I know that my disease will rear it's head again, as is always the case with MS, but I know I will be cared for, loved, guided and protected every time it does.  I know this because God's word is truth, and his truth has set me free (John 8:32) from this disease. I am so blessed that my God loves me, that he is my father and he will always care for me. So today, I am going to sit back and relax.  I am going to enjoy the grace God has poured over me and enjoy my life.

My Heavenly Father, how great your love is that you care for me. I am but one little sheep in your multitude of a flock, yet you know me by name, you know my heart and you cover me with your grace.  You give me refuge in the storm that I face with this disease.  You give me peace and protect me.  Thank you, Lord, without you my life would be nothing.  I praise you today, and every day Lord, you are my savior, my God, my father. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment