Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Accountability

I had a great conversation today with one of my best friends.  She is truly a beautiful sister in Christ and has helped me through so much in my life.  While we talked she said something that just clicked in my head and made me think about accountability.  I thought about how accountable I have truly been when it comes to my walk with Christ, and my eyes were opened to many mistakes I have made in the past, and some that I still make today.  While there is no way that I can be perfect in the flesh, there are so many ways in which I could do better.  So what exactly is accountability?  I see it as this: I am accountable for everything I do, I have to answer to God, when my times comes, and be accountable for every action I chose on this earth.  I know the basic rights and wrongs, and do very well when it comes to making good choices in those areas, but what about other areas?  How do I learn from mistakes I make?  How do I make sure that I make the right choice when I am faced with an angry woman at the checkout line at the grocery store?  The answer is simple: I need to be asking myself what will God say to me about this?  The other day I was face to face with a woman who felt like I cut in front of her at the grocery store, she was yelling at me and being very rude in front of everyone in the store.  This was my chance to be accountable for my own actions and show her what a true Christian woman would do, but did I?  Let me just say I failed miserably!  But I also took something from this whole scene, I learned to think before I speak, I learned to ask myself "What will God say to me about this?"  I also learned that I need to feel a little humility so that I can be open to what I am thinking and doing so that I  can receive encouragement and reproof, when it is needed.  Talking to my friend today gave me encouragement and made me realize that I need to continue to grow in my walk with the Lord and in my accountability to him and to others. I was able to receive that encouragement and apply it to my life because I was open to what I was hearing.  I find it most important to stay open and honest with yourself and the Lord, and the growth will continue and your life will be blessed in so many beautiful ways!

Lord in Heaven, I worship your name!  You find so many ways to bless me and teach me.  Lord I pray for a continued open mind and open heart so that I may continue to grow closer to you.  Lord I pray that you show me the people in my life that will serve as great accountability partners and keep them close in my life. I pray that you show me the areas that I need to be more accountability and strengthen me in those areas. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment