Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Nothing Is Impossible

A certain scripture came across my path this morning and lit my heart up with amazing hope and love!!  Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20-21  How beautiful is that?  Jesus tells us to have faith, even the smallest amount of faith makes all things possible.  When I read this, so many different trials in my life flashed in front of me. Some were small and a lot were huge, including my MS, but I thought about them a little deeper this time.  Who am I kidding, I REALLY thought about the many different trials I have faced and how I actually made it through them.  Did I really make it through them alone, all on my own, or was God there with me, helping me through? The answer is simple, I never do anything on my own, because my life is not my own. It belongs to God, I am just a servant.  Each and every trial I face is never faced alone, he is with me every single second of my journey through this life.  This includes my current walk with MS.  I do not consider this a fight with MS, because there is no reason to fight it.  I walk with it and God walks with me.  I will never face this disease alone. So many wonder why I consider this disease a blessing, and this is one of those reasons.  It has brought my relationship with God to a whole new level.  This is why I can face the walk with MS and not worry about the fight.  For the first 10 years of this disease we were not sure what it was, and my faith was that of a mustard seed, but that seed has grown into a beautiful tree that sprouts new life each and every day.  It created a hope for me that has only grown over time.  That small little mustard seed made getting through easier, and it now makes walking through a breeze. Notice I said "walking" through, because I no longer just "get" through it, I walk through it with the amazing grace of God surrounding me. Finding peace with my disease was never impossible, the peace was always there, just waiting for me find it.

Lord God, you tell me that even with a little faith nothing is impossible.  Lord I build on that faith every day and thank you so much for the blessing of MS.  Without this blessing I may have never found the peace I was looking for, and I may have never grown into the beautiful daughter you intended me to be.  Lord I continue to grow everyday, and I ask for your continued walk, guidance and grace as I do so. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment