Monday, September 13, 2010

Worry Free????

Every person on the face of this planet worries.  We are human, we cannot help but worry when things are not going as we planned them to. I worry about my kids, my husband, money, the future and with MS, I worry about my health.  Am I supposed to worry? NO!  God tells us not to worry.  So today I wanted to reflect on God's word when it comes to worrying.  I am reflecting today because this morning I woke to my head swimming with things to worry about and I need to feel uplifted today!  So lets begin with looking at what the word "worry" means. The dictionary describes worry as : to torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts, or to torment with cares, anxieties, etc.; trouble; plague.  WOW!  When I read this I realize that I am tormenting myself.  I am causing my own suffering!  Why on earth would I want to do that?  This is why I look to God for my strength to stop the worry, to let it go into his hands instead of using my own hands to create suffering.  Matt 6:34 says  “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today." (NLT)  This came from Jesus himself. I trust Jesus with my life, he has given me everlasting life, so when I read this I know to trust him with my worries...to go through today's troubles without worrying about tomorrows.  So what about today's worries?  Jesus also said in Matt 6:25  “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? "  What this says to me is to stop worrying about these things and instead look at your world in a different light.  Take a different point of view.  Enjoy the chirping of the birds in the morning or the sound of your children laughing in the afternoon.  Life is so much more than monetary things and so much bigger than the disease I have.  If all else fails, and you just cannot seem to pull yourself out of the worry valley....PRAY...then remember you are not alone.  Keep Psalm 23:4 close to your heart: Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.(NLT)   No matter what your circumstance is, you are never alone.  Let him take your worries, let him take your fears, let God walk with you through those valleys in protection and comforting love.


Lord, you are my beautiful and loving father.  You comfort me and walk with me daily.  Though worries may creep into my head, you tell me not to worry. Lord I pray for strength to pull on these scriptures and the ability to keep them in my mind and my heart.  My memory fades easily and I pray for your Holy Spirit to whisper these words of wisdom in my ear every time I need them.  I give my worries to you Lord. My life is in your hands, as it always has been.  I praise you and I thank you in your son, Jesus Christ name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment